- “In God we trust, all others bring data.” — W. Edwards Deming
- “Without big data, you are blind and deaf and in the middle of a freeway.” — Geoffrey Moore
- “If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine.” — Jim Barksdale
- “Without data you’re just another person with an opinion. -”Edwards Deming, Statistician
- “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.”Charles Babbage, inventor and mathematician.
- “If the statistics are boring, you’ve got the wrong numbers.” Edward Tufte, Professor emeritus of political science, statistics, and computer science at Yale University
- “The ability to take data – to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract value from it, to visualise it, to communicate it – is going to be a hugely important skill in the next decades.” Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google.
- “I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Writer and Physician